Hotel-casino chain announces In-room COVID-19 screenings and new protocols to accommodate the return of meetings and conventions:
Press Release 4/7/21: Following months of trials, MGM Resorts is adding cutting-edge enhancements to its Convene with Confidence program, one of the meeting industry’s most comprehensive health and safety plans, designed to get businesses back to doing business in person.
Now welcoming larger groups in accordance with increased capacity limits in Nevada, MGM Resorts is offering meeting planners the option for on-site rapid, molecular COVID-19 testing delivering highly accurate results for events large and small.
Since pioneering Convene with Confidence in September 2020 with an option for attendee testing in partnership with CLEAR, Cue Health and Impact Health, MGM Resorts has safely hosted close to 300 meetings and groups within the approved size limits using the protocols outlined in the program. Trialing the digital application for entertainment and sporting events, the Vegas Golden Knights recently began using CLEAR’s Health Pass for CDC health survey screening – processing thousands of fans at T-Mobile Arena each game night – demonstrating it is a smooth and efficient process, even at scale.
“Convene with Confidence is a result of close consultation with health experts and our increased focus on leveraging innovation to not only provide a better guest experience – but a safer one as well,” said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts’ CEO and President. “MGM Resorts has long been at the forefront of the rapidly evolving hospitality and events industries. We are confident we’ve built a program that enables companies to meet in person, giving them peace of mind as they do so.”
Stephanie Glanzer, MGM Resorts’ Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer, said, “Meetings and conventions are critical to our company and to Las Vegas, in addition to the organizations putting on these programs. Developing Convene with Confidence, a completely customizable program, with multiple options for planners and attendees, reflects our deep commitment to the future health of the meetings industry.”
CONVENE WITH CONFIDENCE
Convene with Confidence consists of detailed protocols that incorporate health and safety into every aspect of the convention and meeting process. Efforts range from smart planning of the event itself to contactless check-in and increased cleaning schedules of common areas, with special attention paid to high-contact areas such as doorknobs and food contact surfaces.
Now fully operational within the Convene with Confidence ecosystem are several advancements, including optional COVID-19 testing protocol that delivers fast results and allows event organizers the ability to create a perimeter for their events and exhibitions.
Convene with Confidence Strategic Partnerships
- MGM Resorts has partnered with CLEAR, the secure identity company, to leverage its Health Pass technology – a mobile app experience that links verified identity with COVID-19 health insights, including a real-time health questionnaire, COVID-19-related test results, temperature checks via integrated kiosks, and soon the ability to link to COVID-19 vaccination records.
- MGM Resorts has partnered with Cue Health, a healthcare technology company whose easy-to-use, portable COVID-19 test provides lab-quality results directly to connected mobile smart devices in about 20 minutes. The Cue COVID-19 Test for Home and Over The Counter (OTC) use is the nation’s first molecular diagnostic test available without a prescription with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the FDA. This fast and accurate molecular test, which was previously piloted for small groups, is now fully integrated into MGM’s ecosystem and can be administered at scale.
- Tests are administered by Impact Health, a national provider of point of care healthcare services specializing in high-profile and high-volume events. The company is currently used by several federal and state agencies as well as corporate clients across the U.S.
How it Works
- Prior to the event, attendees download the CLEAR mobile app to set up their account and verify their identity.
- Before entering the venue, attendees answer a series of health survey questions.
- Upon arrival, attendees take a molecular or antigen test. Attendees can access results by securely linking their testing account to their Health Pass through the app.
- Attendees have their temperature checked at a kiosk (optional) and scan their QR code to share their health insights. Based on survey answers and test results, users are issued a red or green Health Pass on their app. Green indicates approval for event entry; red indicates further testing and healthcare support may be required.
Convene with Confidence includes a robust catalogue of new options that allow planners to customize their events:
- Virtual Site Visits – Virtual site inspections and pre-planning services are available, including careful planning of event, meal and break times to safely optimize guest movement throughout the meeting space.
- Hybrid Meetings – While many groups begin to return in person, individuals who aren’t ready to travel can take advantage of virtual capabilities coordinated by MGM Resorts’ in-house production team, delivering immersive experiences for all attendees, whether in-person or at home.
- Creative Catering – Mealtime can be a significant challenge for meeting planners, especially for large groups. MGM Resorts has reimagined the catering experience, showcasing the incredible work of its culinary team, but with limited interaction.
- Maximizing Floor Plans – Floor plans have been adjusted to allow for proper physical distancing within all meetings and events whether a larger-scale trade show or a seated conference. With MGM Resorts’ four million square feet of meeting space on the Las Vegas Strip, planners have complete flexibility to customize event layouts.
Glanzer added, “As vaccine distribution and utilization increase across the country, we are assessing options that would enable those meetings clients who so desire to seamlessly add proof of vaccine to their criteria for attendees. There is no singular formula for a successful program and our expert team will guide each client in building a framework that works for their organization.”
Enhancing MGM Resorts mission to provide seamless and convenient travel solutions, all guests can now take advantage of a selection of in-room COVID-19 testing options at its Las Vegas properties.
In collaboration with Henderson-based Community Ambulance, guests can choose from three tests depending on their travel schedules and requirements of their next destination. This new offering builds on MGM Resorts’ robust Seven-Point Safety Plan, designed to deter the spread of the virus and protect guests and employees.
In-room testing options are available at MGM Resorts’ Las Vegas properties and include:
● Standard RT-PCR Test – results in approximately 24 – 72 hours, based on lab availability
● Fast Molecular (NAAT) Test – results in approximately 20 minutes
● Rapid Antigen Test – results in approximately 20 – 30 minutes
Community Ambulance analyzes all test types and delivers results electronically to the guest.
Testing appointments are available daily from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. by calling guest services at the guest’s host hotel. Prices for in-room testing range from $140 to $230. Additional charges may apply for same day/after-hours requests and cancellations.
Here is my article, as published on 8/4/20, that details the Stay Well Lodging/Convention experience already in place:
There’s no question that traveling can have exhausting effects, both physically and mentally. Combine that with a few days of traditional Las Vegas excess and you’re likely to feel run down…or perhaps even ill. There are many types of recovery services available to counteract these symptoms. Or, you can be pro-active by booking your vacation in a Stay Well™ room at MGM Resorts.
Created by New York City corporation DELOS, the trademarked Stay Well™ concept was brought to Sin City in 2012 when dozens of fully-equipped, non-smoking rooms were introduced at MGM Grand. Since then, they’ve greatly expanded the number of rooms, introduced a Stay Well lounge and expanded the lineup to Park MGM and Mirage resorts. A select group of Stay Well protocols are also featured under the banner of “Fresh by Stay Well” at New York NY, Excalibur, and Luxor.
What makes a Stay Well™ room different from others? Everything! From the air you breathe to the water you shower in. From the sound-dampened walls and plant-extract memory foam mattress to red-spectrum circadian lighting, Stay Well enhances your body’s ability to relax, recover, rest and reinvigorate.
A Stay Well app by Cleveland Clinic allows you to maximize the available amenities and benefits. And perhaps most important of all, dangerous germs, viruses and other microbes are given the heave-ho by using non-toxic cleaning products and UV light-cleaning tools.
Famed alternative-medicine advocate Dr. Deepak Chopra serves as an advisory board member for DELOS. He endorses the benefits of their specialized guest rooms. “Stay Well Rooms are built on many individual features, which when combined, have an unprecedented positive health impact for the traveler. Your wellness experience has been specially designed in collaboration with leading doctors, architects, engineers, and medical institutions.”
“Amenities like purified air, healthy lighting, an allergy-friendly environment, dawn simulation, and aromatherapy increase energy, reduce stress, improve productivity and enhance your sleep quality. Our vitamin C shower infuser reduces chlorine to help skin and hair stay soft and smooth. Stay balanced, stay fresh, Stay Well.”
With all of today’s fears of contaminants within gathering spaces, Stay Well has expanded to offer its proactive health protocols to convention guests at MGM Grand by way of “Stay Well Meetings”. Air purification removes toxins, allergens, smoke and microbes from the air. Surfaces are treated with “WELL Shield”, a self-cleaning photocatalytic coating that destroys harmful organic compounds. Cleveland Clinic provides innovative menus and online tools to combat the negative effects of travel (like jet lag and poor diets).
Stay Well amenities are clearly identified on the booking page of each hotel’s website. Every MGM Resorts property in Las Vegas (with the exception of Signature at MGM Grand) should be offering Stay Well enhancements or fully-conceived guest rooms by summer 2020. While no single program can prevent illness or provide absolute safety from infection, it’s helpful to know that options are available. So now you can reduce risk and reap the benefits of a healthier Vegas experience at the same time.
Photos: MGM Resorts, Stay Well by DELOS